Visa Procedure to Vietnam
Most visitors to Vietnam need a visa to enter the country. There are 2 kinds of visa: Tourist Visa and Diplomatic Visa.
Vietnam Tourist Visa
Tourist visa can only be obtained in Vietnamese
embassies or Vietnamese consulates abroad. Otherwise, you can get a visa at the
border gates if you are invitees of some Vietnamese competent organizations or
you are travelling on a package tour organized by Vietnamese travel
companies. Tourist visa may be valid for 15-30 days. To apply for a
visa, the requirements are as follows:
You should send your application and photos to a
Vietnamese embassy or consulate abroad, which is most convenient to
you. On your requirement, the reply will be returned by post (you must
provide stamped envelopes with your name and address).
- Entry permit form (which can vary from one Vietnamese embassies or
consulate abroad to another) - There are two categories of this form:
for foreigners and for Vietnamese overseas.
- Two photos (4cmx6cm or 3cmx4cm).
- Original passport.
- Visa fee.
It is easier to get your visa from a Vietnamese travel agency. The necessary information to the travel agency include:
Vietnamese overseas are required to provide more information:
- Full name
- Birthday and place of birth
- Number of your passport
- Entry and exit dates
- Country you plan to receive your entry visa from the Vietnamese embassies or consulates
- Year and reason to leave Vietnam
- Leave Vietnam by means
- Full names and addresses of relations in Vietnam
Vietnam Visa Exemption:
- Not more than 30 days: for citizens of Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos.
- Not more than 15 days: for citizens of Japan and South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland. (Vietnamese diplomatic and official passport holders are exempted from visa requirements to enter Japan).
- French citizens holding valid diplomatic
passports are exempt from visa requirements when visiting Vietnam and
are allowed to stay for up 3 months at one time or on several visits
within six months since their first immigration dates. Vietnamese
citizens holding valid diplomatic passports also enjoy similar
- Citizens of Chile and Vietnam holding valid diplomatic or
official passports from one of the two countries are exempt from
needing entry, exit and transit visas in the other's territory and are
allowed to stay for up 60 days on each visit.